Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

April 07, 2010

I'm Still Alive

It has been quite a while since I wrote anything on here. That's probably because I haven't been playing a whole lot of poker. I pretty much have no bankroll to speak of at the moment. In the past few days, though, I have started to play the step tournaments over at Absolute Poker. I pretty much hate Absolute's software, but I have to admit that the setup for their steps is nice.

There are ten possible steps, starting at $0.10+$0 and going up to $2250+$100. If you win that last step, you get a $12k WSOP package. Second place gets $3550, and third/fourth place gets another chance to play that step. It's set up like that for all of the steps, too. Top two get to go up to the next step, and third (possibly even fourth and fifth) will either get to retry that level or go back down a level. I think that is a pretty good deal.

Since I have no bankroll (and by no bankroll, I mean less than $1), I started at step one. So far the competition has been less than stellar. I've taken some beats, but the prize structure being what it is, I've only lost my dime once. I'm currently on step four. If I can beat these next seven steps, that's one heck of a bankroll starter. I'm not sure how many skilled players are buying in further up the ladder, but so far competition has not been steep. I'll reserve judgment until I'm up to at least step 6, though, which is a $30 buy-in. Yes, I know there are donks at that level, but there are less.

That's about all I've been doing in the realm of poker, though. I'm playing in a (very) small home game with friends on the 17th, and next month another friend and I are going up to Atlantic City to play in a couple of tournaments. That should be a lot of fun. It's been way too long since I played in a live tournament. If you still have me in your RSS feed, Hello! And if you still come here via a bookmark, what is wrong with you? I appreciate you checking in, though. I hope everyone in the poker blogging world is doing well! I'll let you know how things go as I progress (or not) in the steps and how my trip to AC goes.

Until next time, someone drop the hammer for me.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home