Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

December 29, 2007

Bankroll Building

I've spent the past few days building up a small bankroll on Pokerstars. I had no money on the site, but I did have a couple thousand FPPs to burn. I noticed that they are constantly running a 70FPP satellite to the Sunday $100k, which is an $11 buy-in event. (Talk about a lottery!) So what I ended up doing was burning all of my FPPs playing these 10-person single table satellites. I ended up winning five of them, and after you win one, each subsequent win is paid to your account in tournament dollars. After I had burned through all of my FPPs, I unregistered from the tournament, and now I have a decent little starter roll of T$55. I'll start out playing the micro SNGs and see if I can't build that into something respectable.

I hope that everyone has had a great holiday season; I certainly have. My wife got me a Nintendo Wii for Christmas, and I've been playing that pretty much non-stop for the past few days. The games I got are Wii Sports, Wii Play, The Simpsons Game, Mario Party 8, Super Mario Galaxy, and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I blew through The Simpsons game in under 10 hours, and right now my wife and I are having a fun time going through Super Mario Galaxy. I think we're about 1/3 of the way through or so. After that I will be playing Zelda, which I haven't even had time to open yet.

We're about to head out to my uncle's for my aunt's birthday party. That should be a good time, and there's sure to be some good food. I hope you all have gotten at least a little time off for a vacation. I will see you in '08!

2 Comments:

  • I've done the same! haha. Played about 10-15 and have only won 2.

    Total crapshoot it seems

    By Blogger jjok, at 12/30/2007 10:11 AM  

  • Yeah, people will go all in with any two in those things. I'm pretty sure I was bad beat in every possible way over the course of spending all of those FPPs.

    By Blogger Matt Silverthorn, at 12/30/2007 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home