Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

September 28, 2007

I Can't Think Of A Good Title So I'll Just Make An Obnoxiously Long One And There's Nothing You Can Do About It

I've been doing alright at the tables recently, though I haven't been playing as much as I used to. I made two buy-ins at $100 NL, which was nice. I really shouldn't be playing at that limit, as it's horrible bankroll management, but I don't really care that much about it anymore. In face, my apathetic attitude towards the money being risked has actually helped me play better. I just need to not get kicked in the nuts, I guess. I give myself two weeks.

I played in the Mookie last week, but I didn't make it this week. This Wednesday I ended up working a really late day at work, and I just wasn't up to playing when I got home. We will see if I can make it next week. Last week was pretty fun. There's not a whole lot to relate about it, though. The only "interesting" hand was the hand I busted on. I got it all in with AA against one of the Wonkas' (I forget which one) JJ. Jack on the flop, and I go home. It didn't even phase me a bit. Apathy is a nice attribute to have for certain activities, it seems.

I plan to play a bit this weekend. We don't really have any big plans, so I will most likely be playing some poker and watching some football. Sounds like a good time to me, especially since my wife likes watching football too. Yes, you read that right. I'm pretty much one of the luckiest guys out there. I'm married to a woman who arguably likes college football more than I do. How awesome is that?

--

In non-poker news, I have finally come to the very reluctant conclusion that if I'm ever going to get back into shape, I'm going to have to get up early every morning, as this is pretty much the only time I will be able to work out. I started today by lifting weights, which I haven't done in forever. I'm not in much pain now, but I know that tomorrow is going to be killer. Sunday will probably be even worse. The plan is to lift weights three times a week and run three times a week. Sundays will be the day off. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that doing this for a few months will get me back below 200 lbs (currently ~210 lbs) and closer to where I was in college. Let's just hope I can stay motivated.

I hope the rest of you are doing well. If you're playing on Saturday afternoon, look me up. I will most likely be on FTP. See you on the felt!

1 Comments:

  • I think it's because we didn't have a college football team, thus I have no loyalties and can root for whomever I want :-)

    By Blogger Courtney, at 9/28/2007 5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home