Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

June 12, 2007

Brief Update And Brain Dump

Not a whole lot has been going on with me poker-wise. I've been playing the cash games semi-regularly and doing well there, and I've won a couple of tokens. I used the tokens to play a couple of tournaments that didn't materialize into any winnings, the most recent of which was tonight's $19k Guaranteed. I busted from this about halfway through the field when I got coolered: my trips lost to higher trips. Oh well.

I'm anticipating and dreading the arrival of this Sunday. I'm both excited and nervous about playing in the Main Event 100 Seat Guaranteed tournament on FTP. This will, by far, be the largest buy-in tournament that I have ever played in. The buy-in isn't really what makes me nervous, though. I mean, I'm in this thing for a grand total of $14. The payout, however, is beyond anything I've had the possibility of winning before. I've made so many plans in my mind for some of the money if I win it, but I have to keep reminding myself that this is still a pretty big IF.

I consider myself a good tournament player, especially in deep stack tournaments, and I feel that I will be able to go deep in this thing provided I don't get kicked in the nuts. I guess that's the other thing that makes me nervous about this tournament. It doesn't really bother me (TOO much) when I get three outered in a $26 tournament or whatever. But when $12,000 is on the line, I'm pretty sure that getting a horrendous bad beat laid on me is going to sting. Bad. And Full Tilt has never been a site to shy away from dishing out some pretty awful ones to me.

I guess, when it comes down to it, all I can do is to prepare myself, show up, and play my A-game. Que serĂ¡ serĂ¡. To anyone else playing in the tournament, I wish you luck. If I can't take down a seat, I hope one of our blogger brethren is able to at least. I will do my best not to drop the ball!

2 Comments:

  • don't put so much pressure on yourself. it only cost you $14 to get in. it's basically a freeroll.

    aggro players are gonna steam roll you if you play it too tight.

    By Blogger smokkee, at 6/13/2007 2:22 PM  

  • I'm not sure I want to be in the house if you get three-outered with $12K on the line...maybe you can give me a heads-up and I'll go water the sidewalk or something?

    By Blogger Courtney, at 6/13/2007 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home