Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

May 21, 2007

Weekend Update

It's been a rollercoaster ride recently, and, unfortunately, it's been mostly in the downward direction. I was bad beat out of almost the entire portion of my bankroll on Stars on Saturday, even after I dropped in limits. I was two outered on the river twice for my entire stack, both times with all the money going in on the turn. I also lost boat under boat twice for my entire stack. Generally not much you can do in those cases. So, yeah, I have a lot of rebuilding to do.

I played in the Daily Double on Full Tilt on Friday night, and I was doing extremely well. I was set for my first double cash, but I got three outered by some tard who called off 95% of his stack with ATo preflop ten seats from the bubble. I cashed in the other tournament, but I don't remember how I got busted from that one. I think I lost a race. The win wasn't even enough to cover both buyins, so I didn't really care.

I placed in both a $26 token frenzy and a $75 token frenzy on Sunday, as well as boosting my bankroll a little bit at full ring $100NL. I was all set to play in the blogger Big Game last night, but I remembered that I had to get up early this morning to go to the dentist. I reluctantly unregistered; I was excited to play in that game, as hadn't played in it before. I loves me some deep stack poker. I will do my best to save that token for the next Big Game, but I have the feeling it will burn a whole in my pocket, and I will end up using it in either a satellite to the 100 Seat Guarantee or one of the larger cash guarantee tournaments.

I hope the cards are treating the rest of you better than they are treating me. That was one wicked swing of variance I took on Saturday. I hope that I catch the other end of that pretty soon. Maybe a nice big tournament final table? It could happen... Until next time, see you on the felt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home