Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

May 09, 2007

Cold Decks Suck

I missed out on satelliting in to what I think is my best chance at a WSOP Main Event seat the other night. I had managed to break my month long (I kid you not) Tier 1 token bubble/bad beat streak last weekend. (That's right, I hadn't won a Tier 1 token in a month, and not for lack of trying either. I bubbled so much it was ridiculous.) Anyway, I managed to turn the Tier 1 token into a Tier 2 token, and I decided to play the satellite for the 100 Seat Guarantee.

Only 24 people registered, so there were two seats awarded to the next tournament. I doubled up early with AK vs QQ on a K high board when I checked the flop and bet big on the turn and was in first place for a while. Then I get T6 in the BB, and I get to see a flop when two people limp, and the SB completes. The board comes T62 with two clubs. I overbet the pot to try and push out draws, and one person calls. The turn is non-club K. I bet big again, and opponent pushes all in. I get a sick feeling in my stomach as I'm forced to call (with most of my chips already in the pot) and see that the douche turned a higher two pair with KT. Ugh.

On the bright side, my bankroll building has been going quite well on both Stars and Tilt. I switched from super-variance 6 max to full ring, and I have been cleaning up. I am almost back up to a $1k bankroll! Less than $100 to go. Hopefully I will be able to hit that mark in the next week or so. Also, I'm going to see if I can't get another Tier 2 token to try for the 100 Seat Guarantee again.

I hope the rest of you are doing well. See you on the felt!

2 Comments:

  • Grind away bud! Man, I will have a little happy dance once I break the $1000 bankroll mark. I am working on getting my head screwed on straight. In the process I have learned tilt sux serious donkey ****. Keep on plugging, Vegas is calling.h

    By Anonymous neil, at 5/09/2007 12:39 PM  

  • last year there were over 200 seats to the Main Event in that 100 seat guarantee. i'll probably wait til the last minute to satellite in.

    there should be more donks in the last few satellites trying to hit the lotto.

    By Blogger smokkee, at 5/09/2007 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home