Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

February 10, 2007

I Could Practically Taste It

I went deep in the Full Tilt $15k guaranteed tourney last night. I started out jumping into the top ten early on in the tournament when I got paid off for a couple of big hands that I hit in limped pots while I was in the blinds. I stayed in the top until I was dealt AA in the mid-game. I raised it up, but I totally botched the math. Apparently I missed a blind increase between the previous hand and this hand, so my raise only ended up being about 2x the BB instead of 3.5x. Oops. I ended up getting my aces cracked by 88, and I dropped into the bottom ten percent of the players.

However, I was not done. I was patient, and I managed to double up several times to get back into the top fifteen players as we headed into the money. I was definitely on my game and playing excellent poker, stealing when I thought the opportunity permitted so that I could keep ahead of the ever increasing blinds. I had a very laggy image built up when I was dealt KK in middle position. I raised it up, and I get called by only the BB. The flop is ten high. I overbet the pot to make it look like I'm stealing again, and BB comes over the top. I call, and BB flips...

Jack high. With a gutshot straight draw.

I don't need to tell you what hit the turn, but I was floored. I couldn't believe it. I mean, this guy did exactly what I wanted him to, and then goes on to hit a freaking four outer. If I win this hand, I am hitting the final two tables easily and most likely the final table as well. But, IGHN in 55th place. At least I managed to double my buy-in. I'm going to try and win some more tokens so I can play in that tournament again later this week.

Also, next weekend I'm taking a day trip to Atlantic City with a friend of mine. We're going to play in the $60 plus add on Sunday at the Borgata. Depending on how I'm feeling/how I do in the tournament, I may also play some $1/$2NL. We'll see how it goes.

Hope the rest of you are doing well. I'm hoping to play in the Mookie next week (I totally spaced out and missed the Hammer tournament this week). See you on the felt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home