Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

December 02, 2006

It's Gonna Be A Rebuilding Year

I haven't been able to play a lot of poker recently. As I've explained in a previous post, I pulled my entire bankroll when it became clear that I was not going to be able to move funds around without dealing with a good bit of hassle. However, I still get $60/mo deposited directly into my account at Absolute Poker from Poker Source Online for that banner over there on the right. If you've been coming here for a while, you know that I built up my entire previous bankroll from a $30 initial deposit and never looked back.

So I figured, why not do it again? Only this time with $60.

When I first started playing online in January 2005, I honestly didn't know much about the math or psychology behind the game. Lightning struck several times, which allowed me to keep from going in the red, and I managed to stay alive and slowly build my bankroll. But that's the past.

I have almost two years of experience and the knowledge of several poker books behind me now. Plus, since Party closed it's doors to the US for real money games, there's all kinds of fish floating around my favorite sites. Once I get my deposit for this month, it's going to be SNGs for a good while to build from there. Last time I tried some low level cash games, but got kicked in the junk a few times and that was it. I'm going with the less risk approach this time. I will be keeping a record of how I do, and I will be sure to let you all know how it goes. Hopefully it will not be long before I'm back in the blogger tourneys on a regular basis.

Oh, and if you still come here, I appreciate it. I know I haven't been posting much lately, but it's pretty much been the perfect storm to keep me off the felt, so I haven't had much to write about. Hopefully that will change in the near future.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home