Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

October 28, 2006

Happy Birthday Blog!

Wow, I've been so busy recently that I didn't even know my blog turned one year old on the 24th. Happy birthday blog! Hopefully this crap ass legislation will get repealed after next month's elections so that it can turn two. Hope everyone else is doing well. Does anyone even come here anymore? I wouldn't blame you if you didn't.

I've tried playing some freerolls with some FPP points I have on various sites, but no luck so far. I jumped in the Moneymaker round one on Stars tonight and lasted a phenomenal four hands. (Longer than over 700 other people; how sad is that?) I lost about two thirds of my stack when some complete bimbo called my pot sized bet on the flop (I had two pair) with ABSOLULTELY NOTHING. She called again on the turn with ONLY A GUTSHOT STRAIGHT DRAW. She then proceeded to HIT HER FOUR OUTER ON THE RIVER. (Her screenname said she was a hokie, but I refuse to believe there's that much stupid at my alma mater; plus, her info said she was in Charlottesville, so she's obviously a ditzy UVA student trying to make her school look better by not representing it.)

I then lost the rest of my stack when two people called my all-in preflop (I had AK) with Q3o and 78o. Stellar hands, really. Can you blame them for calling a 20x raise with those hands? Hell, yes. Morons. Man, it feels good to gripe about poker again. It's been a while.

Other than that, there's not a whole lot going on with the poker front. PSO should be putting some advertising money in my account on Absolute next week, so maybe I will be able to turn that into something. I mean, I turned $30 into $2000. Imagine what I can do with $60!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home