Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

September 02, 2006

No Dice

Played in the Full Tilt $20,000 Guaranteed last night with a good group of people. Hoy, Jordan, Smokkee, Don, Hacker, and myself all played, but unfortunately for us only Hacker made the money. He played well, despite being card dead for a very long time near the bubble, so congratulations to him on his finish.

As for myself, I was card dead for pretty much the entire time I was in the game. I saw AA once and AQ once. After that, the next best hand I saw was 99. I managed to still make it deep, finishing in 283rd or something like that. I would make final tabling this tournament my new goal, but I probably won't be able to play it often enough to complete it, as it starts too late for me during the work week. I will play it when I can, though.

So right now, I have no goals. I met my goals of final tabling and winning an MTT, and I have also met my goal of having a $2K+ bankroll by December. I'm not sure what I'm going to shoot for next. I think I might make playing in the Sunday Million one of my goals, as I have never played in a big buy-in deep stack tournament before.

Yes, I think that will be it. My new goal is to satellite my way into the Sunday Million on PokerStars. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

  • Do it!! Keep us posted on your progress, and I will come by and rail your ass. Or at least your game! See ya out there!

    By Blogger iamhoff, at 9/03/2006 1:31 AM  

  • the $11 dubble-shootouts are probably your best bet. you get $35 for making the final table and final two players get in. i've made the final table many times but, keep missing the Sun Mil$. GL

    By Blogger smokkee, at 9/03/2006 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home