Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

September 18, 2006

$10 Deep Stacks

I played in the $10NL deep stacks tournament at noon on PokerStars on Saturday. It was mainly something to keep my mind occupied during commercials that interrupt my college football. I ended up playing in that thing for over five hours and finishing in the money in 88th place. I would have gone deeper, but I had to leave to go out with some friends, and my stack wasn't big enough for me to care about it. So I figured I would just try to run it up quickly so I could sit out and make it several levels deeper or I would just bust.

I busted, but that was what I was expecting. My pair of eights ran into QQ. Oh well. At least the football was good. VT beat the ever living crap out of Duke, which I'm sure absolutely no one saw coming. That one was definitely out of left field. Also, Louisville proved what I thought all along, that they are going to be a force to be reckoned with this year, by taking out Miami. I'm pretty sure they will beat West Virginia, and then WV will be ranked where they actually deserve to be. No more of this 4th place BS.

VT is up to 10th/11th now, depending on the poll. Hopefully some people above us will lose some games so we can continue to climb the ladder.

5 Comments:

  • Maybe if I don't stay up 'til daybreak every weekend, I'll join you in one of those 10$ DS tourneys. The only one I ever played was he 200K of FT that I won a seat ino with a token. I loved it. Oh, there was one one more on Stars, that was 5K starting stacks, but it was only for 1$. Butsoed to a big stack when I was up to 25K. Booo.
    Best of luck.
    See you at the tables.

    By Blogger slb159, at 9/18/2006 6:18 PM  

  • Thanks for stopping by, Steve.

    Yeah, this one was a 5000 starting stack as well. It definitely allows you some room to play real poker for the first few orbits without worry about blowing your entire stack. Much more fun, in my opinion, but the damn things go on FOREVER.

    By Blogger Matt Silverthorn, at 9/18/2006 6:49 PM  

  • In the 1$, Dug Drizz and Poker Gnome were there too. We all survived hlf the field, as I predicted 1/2 would be gone in the first hour. Prolly tightens up after that, but that big stack guy was a real maniac.

    By Blogger slb159, at 9/19/2006 6:39 PM  

  • I don't think I could handle a deep stacks...I just don't have the time. Guess you don't either : )

    It was a wild football weekend...I'm looking forward to this weekend too.

    By Blogger TripJax, at 9/20/2006 12:00 PM  

  • I was surprised that there were so many ranked games last weekend. I mean, it was only the third game of the season. It will be interesting to see how it plays out over the rest of the year.

    By Blogger Matt Silverthorn, at 9/20/2006 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home