Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

July 21, 2006

Exhausted

I just finished playing in the $5 rebuy tournament on PokerStars, and I am exhausted. I was in that game for five and a half hours and ended up with my second best MTT finish (in terms of position) yet.



I finished in 19th out of 1427 entries, putting me in the top 2% of the players in this tournament! I was pretty heavily invested in this tournament (for a five dollar game; I usually only end up being in for $15), with me putting in $30 before the first break. I ended up making that back and then some with a $140 payout for finishing in 19th. If I'd finished in 18th, it would have jumped up to $250, but there's not much I can do about that.

The death hand came when the blinds were incredibly high. We're talking 10000/20000, and my stack was about 150k. It folded to the BB who put in a min raise. I have to put him on a steal attempt here, and my A7s might still be good even if he had something legitimate, so I pushed. He called with AQ, and he hit two pair. I'm satisfied with my play on that hand, though. He was the chip leader and had been stealing blinds at the table, so I felt that was the time to push.

Thanks to Weak and Surf for railing me and providing support. It's always nice to have people to keep you company through the times when you're completely card dead.

I hope the rest of you are doing well. Have a great weekend!

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home