Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

June 26, 2006

Oops, I Lied

Looks like I didn't get that post up this weekend like I wanted to. Sorry about that.

Anyway, there's not a whole lot good to tell. I went back to the poker room in the afternoon on Wednesday to see if I could turn my luck around. My wife accompanied me, and kissed my ticket to the $80 SNG that I purchased. I went on to take 2nd in that one for a $200 payout. I'll have a separate post dedicated to that, as it is already written, but it's on my laptop at home right now.

On Thursday morning, I signed up again for the $100 morning tournament. For some damn fool reason I'm still not aware of I got cute in late position with QJo. I could have just limped, but I raised. I got one caller I think. I bet on an eight high board, and got called again. That should have been the clue to stop, but I bet the turn 7 card as well, convinced I could push this guy off his hand. He called again. I finally resigned on the river and checked, and of course the guy bets out. I pretend to think for a bit, when I'm really just kicking myself, and then I fold. He turns over pocket 6s for a straight on the river. Not sure I would have played them that way, but whatever. I'm the dumbass in that hand. That was the only hand I really didn't like how I played the entire time, though.

I won a couple of pots later and got back up to even, but as the blinds crept up, I went card dead and couldn't even steal. I ended up pushing with AJo on the button with no one in front of me, but the guy who had 66 before woke up with pocket queens. Of course HIS queens hold, and I bust out.

I played another $80 SNG that afternoon, and what do I get my fifth hand or so? That's right QQ. I raise it up and get two callers. The flop comes J high, and I bet out. One guy goes all in over the top of me. I know he doesn't want a call, so I give him one. He has KJ (WTF???), but of course my queens don't hold when a K comes on the turn.

I went out a few hands later when I ran my small stack AJ into AT and AK. Amazingly, AT wins with a T on the board.

LIVE POKER IS RIGGED!

I'll post my SNG write-up this evening when I get home. That's about the only good read you'll find on here for a while, as I've been running incredibly cold. It sucks. My online bankroll has taken a good sized dip, not because I've been dumb, but because other people keep sucking out on me. I think I'm going to take a break from the cash game for a bit and try to recoup some losses in SNGs and tourneys. I need a change of scenery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home