Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

May 04, 2006

The Streak Continues

I had a pretty good night tonight. I finished grinding out enough points on Full Tilt to get my PSO promotion, so it's good to have that done with. I'm going to do one more promotion and then cash in my points for a $100 Target gift card for my wife. She deserves it for putting up with the times that I play. I bought in at Tilt for $200 earlier this week, and I'm up $110 since then. The only thing that I don't like about Full Tilt is that it's ridiculously difficult to clear the bonus money they give you for depositing. I've earned over 250 Full Tilt points, and I have yet to clear the first $20. That's just insane. The good thing is the bonus money is valid until August. I'm not going to kill myself to clear it, but if I happen to clear a good bit along the way, that will be fine with me.

So with this recent finish tonight, my bankroll has hit $725, my highest ever, and I'm well on my way to having the $1k by year's end. If I make the $1k before the end of June (which is quite possible at this rate), then I'm going to make my year's end goal to be $2k. If I hit that, then I may just blow a huge chunk of it on a WSOP circuit event in Atlantic City. I mean, that's the whole reason I got into poker in the first place. Of course, if I can win a qualifier, that would be even better. I'll have the bankroll to play in some of the more expensive qualifying tourneys, thus narrowing the amount of variance I have to overcome before placing.

I'm way ahead of myself, but I just thought I would share my dream. I need to keep building the way I have been building for any of this to happen. Hopefully I don't make any stupid mistakes...

2 Comments:

  • I love your work matt. What are you playing now (besides tourneys) to grow your bankroll? If I had ~ $700 I think I'd be playing 0.5/1 or 1/2 ring NL and probably losing a LOT.

    By Blogger huma, at 5/07/2006 11:59 PM  

  • I've been playing mostly $.50/$1 NL full table ring games. I'll occasionally play $1/$2 NL on Party, but I think I'm more comfortable at the $100 buy-in for now. It seems to be working out well so far. Had a small downswing last night, but I recovered most of it, so it wasn't too bad.

    By Blogger Matt Silverthorn, at 5/08/2006 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home