Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

May 01, 2006

A Good Beat

Have you ever gotten beat by a ridiculous hand like 92o and realized that before you left the table, you were going to have your opponent's entire stack?

That happened to me twice this weekend.

It's a good feeling.

Edit: The Details

I apparently peaked the curiosity of at least a couple of people, so I will lay out what details I remember, which is only from the first time this happened. I don't remember the specifics of the second time, other than the fact I ended up with all of their money.

The first time I sat down at a $1/$2 NL table on Party. My seat was immediately in the big blind, so I posted. I didn't get my usual few hands of observation in, so I had no info on the players. It folded around to the cutoff, who limped, and then folded to me. I had AQo, so I raised it up 3x-4x, and he calls. The flop was K2x, and I continuation bet. He called. The turn was a blank. I check, he bets small, and I call. Same thing happens on the river, so I call just to get some player info on the cheap. He flips over 92o for a pair of deuces.

I knew almost immediately that I would have that guy's entire stack before either of us left the table, which actually happened only a few hands later. A couple of people limped in, and I was on the button with QTo. I limp as well, and about four of us see the pot. The flop is a beautiful rainbow Q5T. It checks around to the e-tard, who bets the pot. I smooth call, and the rest of the table folds. Turn is a blank. He bets hard again, about half of his remaining stack. I put him all in, and he flips over a 56o, drawing almost dead to a 5. It doesn't come, and I stack him. Unfortunately, he left the table after that.

Have I mentioned how much I love the Party cash game?

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home