Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

May 21, 2006

Bloggers Rule

Last night I played in the PSO Blogger Freeroll with some of my good blogger friends, including Jordan, GCox, Kat, Drewspop, Ingoal, Duggle, Drizz, Mookie, Biggestron, and Kipper. It being the weekend, I'm way too lazy to link all of these people up in this post. I'm sure you can find them on your own if you're interested.

I knew it was going to be a good game when Jordan began pushing every hand, intending to go out early, as he had other plans. However, after doing this about eight times and busting about four or five people, he decided to stay and play as he was now the chip leader. I ended up at a table with him late in the tourney after we'd made the money, and he ended up busting me out when his steal attempt materialized into a flopped flush. It was sick, but it's just how his luck was rolling last night. He ended up finishing in second place. Nice job, Jordan!

I'm also proud to report that out of our group of eleven bloggers that played, eight of us made the money. We rock hardcore, even if our blogs are gay and we talked the whole time on the girly chat thingy. I think that's the best finish of bloggers in our corner of the internet that I've seen that wasn't a WPBT or WWDN tourney. Well done everyone, and congratulations!

Even though Jordan sent me packing a little earlier than I had planned, I managed to get a little more cash by dropping my $45 in winnings into a buy-in at the $.50 NL tables on Absolute. I managed to almost double it before the night was out. I would have had more than double my buy-in, but I got a little frisky with AK one hand when I was pretty sure I was ahead, but by the time the hand reached the river, I was sure I was behind. I'm pretty sure the guy was chasing with lower high cards and hit his hand on the river. Oh well, at least I was able to let it go and not lose another $33. So, overall, last night was a very successful night, ending with me up about $80. Let's see if I can keep it up this week.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home