Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

April 25, 2006

No WSOP For You!

Well, I started out last night doing really well in the DADI tournament. I made it through the first two hours very easily, never leaving the top 20 in chips. Then, for some stupid reason I have yet to figure out, I made two enormous errors.

The first was when I tried to bluff the big stack out of a pot. Not only is this retarded in and of itself, but I didn't even do it right. I had middle pair and a flush draw when he bet, and I just raised. If I was going to bluff, I should have pushed.

The second mistake was when we were semi-short handed at our particular table, and I get QJs in EP with a short stack. I raised it up, and dnasty13 came over the top of me to put me all in. The way he bet, I thought he was on an underpair, and I hadn't been seeing good cards recently, so I called it. He had AA, and I was gone.

So congratulations to dnasty13 for knocking me (and Surflexus!!) out of the tournament. Since the same person knocked both of us out, George and I have invited Wil to fill in the fourth spot, and he has accepted. Scheduling is still in the works, but it should be a fun game. Thanks to TripJax, who will be setting up the game for us.

And a huge congratulations to Tony Soprano for taking down the whole tournament. Good luck in Vegas!

4 Comments:

  • Sorry to hear about your finish. It happens though. Hopefully the next DADI will go better. Are you going to play Mookie on Weds?

    By Blogger presidentdavelee, at 4/25/2006 12:20 PM  

  • What a great idea for a bounty, Matt. Hopefully Wil will round out your foresome and make for a really fun time by all. If only I had known, I might have stuck around a while longer just to try to make it to your table with no chips left.
    Blech I played like such a donkey yesterday!!

    By Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo, at 4/25/2006 2:30 PM  

  • Yeah, I don't know what was wrong with me. I did great for the first two hours and was reading the table very well. Then I just got stupid. I think part of it was being tired of sitting in front of a computer. I know I'd never make those mistakes in a live game. Lessons learned at any rate.

    By Blogger Matt Silverthorn, at 4/25/2006 2:47 PM  

  • Looking forward to the heads uo match. Play note: Normal I don't jam all in there with Aces. I felt my image was I was getting pushed off hands. I wanted represent that I didnt really want a call. Apparently it worked perfectly. I eventually went out later with AA when I jammed after the flop and a AJ hit his flush on the turn.

    By Blogger D, at 4/26/2006 2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home