Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

April 11, 2006

I'm Sick Of It

Don't want to read my bad beat story? Boo freaking hoo. Get out.

I have two horrendous bad beats tonight. The first was from the WWdN of all places. I really miss the days when this tournament attracted quality players. Does anyone else remember those? Don't get me wrong, the quality players are still there, but there has been an influx of donkeys as of late, and PokerStars never fails to reward their dumbass play. Case in point. I'm in MP with KK. I raise it up, and I get one caller. Flop comes Q high rainbow. Genius bets out, and I push. Fool calls me with Q6 sooooooooooooted and turns another freaking queen.

Hand number two. I'm in a one table SNG. I have KK again, and it's four handed. It's raised once and called, and I push all in. Guy calls with AT soooooooooooted. Hits a runner runner runnner flush. Screw you PokerStars. I'm tired of your BS. I realize bad beats happen, but for the love of God.

CAN I WIN WHEN I'M A SIGNIFICANT FAVORITE JUST ONCE PLEASE?!?

I want to break something, but I don't have anything inexpensive to break.

As always, if you try to comfort me by telling me that I want these people to be making these calls, you will be punched in the face. I'm fully aware that I want them calling these hands. I just want the math to work out for once.

7 Comments:

  • I certainly like the influx of donkeys.

    By Blogger Wes, at 4/12/2006 12:30 AM  

  • Ouch, better running.. and um, the final table of the WWDN.. WOW!

    By Blogger SirFWALGMan, at 4/12/2006 2:00 AM  

  • To answer your question, no Matt, you cannot win when you are a significant favorite. I checked. The EULA/User Agreement that you agreed to when you downloaded the RiverStars software specifically says (Sec 24.A.2.e.4) "...in a situation where player goes 'all-in' and is a substantial favorite, RiverStars dealer software will deal cards ensuring that player will lose the hand, thus maintaining the variance ratings that RiverStars prides itself on..." There you have it. Just thought you'd like to know.

    By Blogger iamhoff, at 4/12/2006 3:55 AM  

  • Wes, I would enjoy it too, if my 80% favorites would hold up. But in the past few weeks they have not been.

    Hoff, Thanks for the heads up. I never read those stupid things like I should. Looks like I may have to find a new site. Or do they all say that?

    By Blogger Matt Silverthorn, at 4/12/2006 8:28 AM  

  • So, the other night I'm playing some tournament and I call a raise with my Q6s...

    By Blogger Klopzi, at 4/12/2006 12:45 PM  

  • Feel ya, Matt. Feel ya.

    By Blogger Bloody P, at 4/12/2006 1:46 PM  

  • Matt, just wanted to say (1) of course I feel ya on the suckouts thing, and of course pokerstars is the confirmed worst site of them all, and (2) I loved reading your chats with the donkeys trying to weasel their way in to the pokersavvy freeroll. That is funny stuff man. I loved the way you handled both of them too. Especially when they gave you Kat's name -- Hah!

    Donkeys are funny.

    By Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo, at 4/12/2006 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home