Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

April 10, 2006

The Golden Donkey

Last night I played in a $3 rebuy satellite to the weekly $1 million guaranteed on Pokerstars. I didn't win a seat, but I saw one of the most amazing things I have ever seen in my life. About halfway through the tournament I was moved to a new table. At this table was a player named pokermike(random 3 digit number here). This guy was currently in the top three in chips and THE ABSOLUTE WORST PLAYER I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. I'm serious. THE worst I've ever seen.

But the guy just couldn't lose. A sampling of hands that he won with: 24o, Q7o, 8To, T3o. And he wasn't limping with these cards either. He was calling 4k and 5k raises. It was absolutely amazing. I don't think he lost one pot that he went to showdown with, and he rarely folded. When he did fold, I often would wonder why, as he would have sucked out on the turn/river, even if it was mathematically impossible. This guy was just plain unstoppable.

I have no idea if he won a seat or not, but it just infuriates me that this kind of player can make it as far as he did. He pulled two and three outers from his ass no less than nine times while I was seated with him at the table. (I was seated with him for a couple of hours.) He was so fantastically lucky that I christened him "The Golden Donkey" for his unbeatable hee haw play and refused to get involved in a hand that he had already bet into.

So, if you happen to run into pokermike(random 3 digit number) out there on the felt, be afraid. Be very afraid.

1 Comments:

  • donkey? luck? you just don't understand triple-inverse semi-expressed odds and chump equity :(

    By Blogger huma, at 4/10/2006 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home