Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

March 29, 2006

Suckout City

Wow, last night's WWdN game was really interesting. There were suckouts all over the place. First and foremost, I sucked out (for once) with KQ against AA. I had raised it up pre-flop, and I may have been reraised, but if I was it wasn't for much. The flop came K high, and xkm bet half his stack. I had him covered so I put him all in. He flipped AA. Ouch. I caught a king on the river. Ouch for him.

I then got moved to a table with SoxLover and Drewspop. Sox sucked out on me big time when he flopped a straight with 79s (???) to my top pair. Luckily I folded that one when he reraised me all in, so I didn't lose too much. Several hands later, I was busted out set over set when I flopped a set of jacks, and Sox had a set of kings. I know that this is not even remotely a suckout, but it sure feels like one when you lose with a flopped set. Ugh. I can't complain, though. The best hand took it down like it should have.

Before I shut down the laptop to watch some TV with the wife, I was witness to 55 going all in against AA. Of course, the 5 comes on the river. I guess there's a reason that the software has the nickname RiverStars. I'm really curious how they have programmed/seeded their "random" number generator. I would love to look at the code. It's impossible to code true randomness, and I'm just curious what they were able to come up with.

I signed back on later in the evening to see how the game was progressing. Hoyazo was in the chip lead, and Sox had just been busted out so I asked Hoyazo if he got my chips. Apparently Jaxia had just sucked out with a two outer to boot Sox from the game. I don't know what the hand was, but a two outer... That had to hurt.

My theory is that those chips were jinxed. It started when I sucked out on xkm with my five outer. Then I lose those chips when I get busted set over set. Then Sox loses all of those chips to a two outer. Insane! Beware the cursed chips. I wonder if Jaxia got sucked out on to lose her stack...

Oh, well. At least I got to drop the hammer on my second hand. I got AA twice, but I didn't get any action with my standard 3x raises either time. Of course, I probably just would have gotten sucked out on anyway.

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for the support last night Matt. I don't remember if Jaxia got sucked out on, but I must have ended up with those cursed chips to get sucked out runner runner like that to lose it.

    Man, that hurt.

    By Blogger drewspop, at 3/29/2006 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home