Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

February 23, 2006

Just A Fun Night

First off, congratulations to Wil who is currently going deep in the WPT Invitational. As of the time of this writing, he is sitting at a table with Gus Hansen and Tuan Le on his left. I do not envy you, Wil. Good luck! You can read up on his progress over at Pauly's blog.

I was bored this evening, so I signed up for the $.10, $50 added tourney. Man, what a crappy game. The blinds go up every five minutes, so the whole thing is pretty much a lotto. I lasted about halfway through and then busted out when my AJ lost to a KQ who runner runnered a flush. After that was over, I went to play some low limit holdem with Dave where the magic hand of the night was Kx. I swear, more pots were won with this hand than any other. It was easily over 20 pots in the hour and a half or so we were playing. It was simply amazing and got to the point where no one would fold the Kx. Fun times.

I think I'm going to hit up some $5 rebuy qualifiers for the Sunday million dollar tourney tomorrow or Saturday. Hopefully I will make it. I'd love to play in that game. Let me know if you would like to join me.

1 Comments:

  • Those 10c tourneys are play money tourneys. Every hand, someone goes allin. After playing about 20 mins I thought to myself, "what the hell am I doing? Am I gonna play this thing for 2 hours hoping to make a couple of bucks?" and I started going allin every hand. Funnily enough I doubled up about 4 times and was near chip leader for a while :)

    Never going to play those stupid tourneys again. The multitable sngs < $5 are basically the same thing. I think playing in them is actually detrimental to my poker education.

    By Blogger huma, at 2/24/2006 11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home