Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

February 15, 2006

Brief Hiatus

This will be my last post until after President's Day. I will be leaving on Friday morning to head to Canaan Valley, West Virginia for some skiing with the wife and friends. It should be an awesome time. Unfortunately, the house we're renting doesn't have internet access, otherwise I might have been able to get in a game or two in the evenings. Oh, well. I'd love to play in the WWdN game on Thursday night, but I will be getting up on the ass end of dawn on Friday, so I'm going to need all the sleep I can get, especially since I will be driving. When I get back, I better hear that one of you took down the WWdN game or a big weekend tourney. Don't disappoint me!

3 Comments:

  • Have a great time! The ass end of dawn. Hadn't heard it put that way before, but great imagery. Enjoy the break!

    By Blogger iamhoff, at 2/16/2006 1:30 PM  

  • Yeah, that's the kind of beautiful descriptive verse that can only hit you when you're on tilt from losing to some guy's two-outer.

    By Blogger Matt Silverthorn, at 2/16/2006 1:55 PM  

  • Hey Matt. While I didn't win it (some guy named Gaston did that I've never heard of or seen before), I did make my first WWdN final table last night. That has to brighten your day somewhat, no?

    By Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo, at 2/17/2006 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home