Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

January 17, 2006

WWdN: Nolan Rules! Invitational

I don't really have a whole lot to post about this game. I decided not to blog it, since I was playing on the laptop, and it's a pain in the butt to blog and play at the same time. I only have so much screen space to work with, and touchpads suck. I need to get a wired mouse to hook up to that thing.

Anyway, I did well, finishing in 14th, five places shy of the money. I'm definitely improving in my game, though. I stole I don't know how many pots tonight. For the first time, I could actually sense weakness in other players online, and these were people that are good and that I respect! I was surprised how many correct reads I was able to place on people. I don't know what the deal was. I was final tabling an SNG when the WWdN game started, so maybe the rush from finishing 4th of 45 in that game carried over into this one.

Even though I didn't finish in the money, I had a blast. Playing in blogger games is always the best. It was also a good warm-up for my home game this Saturday. If all goes well, my friends won't know what hit them!

4 Comments:

  • Congrats! Keep improving the game, and you'll own the place. And for the laptop, don't get a wired mouse. My gf has a logitech wireless optical mouse. The receiver plugs into a USB port, and is about half the size of a typical USB flash drive, and the mouse is on the small size of normal. So far, the farthest away we've tried it has been 30 feet, and it worked fine. I know, what's the point. There is no point, except that it can be done, dammit! Anyway, that's my suggestion. I think it cost (a year ago) about $69 or so at Best Buy.

    By Blogger iamhoff, at 1/18/2006 5:31 PM  

  • We have a wireless mouse, but the problem is it's powered by batteries. That thing goes through a set of batteries in like a week. It sucks. Is your wireless mouse powered by batteries or is there like a dock for it to charge in? The dock thing I could do, but I'm not buying another battery powered mouse.

    By Blogger Matt Silverthorn, at 1/18/2006 9:05 PM  

  • I leave my wireless mouse on all the time and it lasts at least a month on batteries. I have a Logitech.

    By Anonymous Zeem, at 1/27/2006 4:29 PM  

  • Can you tell me which model it is so I can look into it further?

    By Blogger Matt Silverthorn, at 1/27/2006 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home