Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

January 12, 2006

DADI: Special Omalympics

Well, I didn't make my goal the other day, but I decided to play in the Omalympics anyway. Hell, I'd go bust for a blogger tourney; they're just too much fun. This was my first ever Omaha 8 H/L tournament ever, so I was a little nervous at first. However, I soon jumped to first place when I hit quad kings and, later, quad aces. However, being the Omaha n00b that I am, I played a bunch of hands in the middle of the game that I shouldn't have. "Hey, a pocket pair! That's good right?" Usually not.

Anyway, I'm pretty proud of how well I did for my first tournament, finishing in 11th out of 47 entries. I outlasted a ton of people who actually knew what they were doing! It was pretty cool. I ended up busting out with A223 with four to the nut low on the flop. However, the turn and river were Q and J, so I ended up going out. Boo to that, sir. It was still a great time, though. The chat is always hilarious, and good times were had by all. I think I'm pretty hooked on Omaha now, so I may have to try some SNGs and see how I do in those. I'll let you all know how that turns out.

PS - I demand a refund, Jordan!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home