Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

January 05, 2006

DADI: Omalympics

Although I'm not sure if I will be able to play in this game yet, I thought I would at least advertise it for the guys. Jordan and TripJax are hosting the next Donkeys Always Draw Invitational, and this time it's going to be an Omaha 8 Hi/Lo game. I've never played this before, so if I do end up being able to play, I'll have to practice in the play money tables first. Details are below.

WHERE: PokerStars
WHEN: January 11th, 9PM EST
BUY-IN: $10+$1
PASSWORD: blogsaregay

Hit it up if you can. I'm sure drizztdj will enjoy your money.

5 Comments:

  • Thanks for pimping it Matt. Hope you'll be there. Just read up a little and you'll be fine. Either way though, thanks!

    By Blogger TripJax, at 1/05/2006 11:43 PM  

  • You have to start somewhere! I'm highly encouraging you to play. At the very least, railbird. It'll be entertaining, no doubt. Thanks for the pimpage.

    By Blogger HighOnPoker, at 1/06/2006 10:11 AM  

  • It's not a question of whether or not I want to play. Right now it's a question of building up my bankroll so that I can put $11 into a game that I'm fairly sure I will lose. Currently I can't toss that money away. However, if I can continue to build over the weekend, I will be more than happy to lose my money to Drizz. If I can't play, I will probably at least rail for a little while and see if I can learn something.

    By Blogger Matt Silverthorn, at 1/06/2006 11:01 AM  

  • Is that 9 pm eastern? If so, I might not make it home in time (love my commute!) and I'll have to railbird. If I can make it home in time, I'd love to make it. I'll probably lose, but I've started playing Omaha recently and am having a great time. Never played 8 H/L, tho. Maybe I'll just rail this one and see what happens. Either way, looking forward to it.

    By Blogger iamhoff, at 1/06/2006 2:45 PM  

  • Yeah, that's 9PM EST. I've edited the post for clarification.

    By Blogger Matt Silverthorn, at 1/06/2006 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home