Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

December 30, 2005

DoubleAs On Applying Pressure

I would like to thank Jordan for pointing me in the direction of DoubleAs' Blog. I was looking at some of the most popular posts when I found two that really resonated with me as an intermediate player. Check out parts one and two on applying pressure during a hand.

This is most definitely the aspect of poker I struggle with the most. If you've played with me, you've probably noticed that I'm a pretty tight player. Just ask Scott. I'll make a move every once in a while, and I'll apply pressure when I know I have a good hand. However, applying pressure with marginal cards or nothing at all has been difficult for me. While reading these posts, I played some NL cash games at the $.10/$.25 level, following the advice as I read it. I came out up over $24, which is a good bit at those blind levels. If you consider yourself an intermediate player or have trouble applying pressure, do yourself a favor and check out these articles. It'll definitely boost your game.

5 Comments:

  • Thanks for the kind words.

    By Blogger doubleas, at 12/30/2005 2:28 PM  

  • And thank you for the invaluable advice. I hope you choose to keep your blog going.

    By Blogger Matt Silverthorn, at 12/30/2005 3:59 PM  

  • I'm glad you found doubleAs. His insight is a HUGE help. I think TripJax has some other good posts similar to DoubleAs' listed on his site.

    Where do you usually play? Do you have Yahoo IM? If so, let me know. I'd definitely be interested in playing some low limit NL or SNGs or whatever with you.

    By Blogger HighOnPoker, at 12/30/2005 4:26 PM  

  • Good advice. Just found your blog. Keep it up.

    By Blogger Chris, at 12/31/2005 4:15 AM  

  • Matt,

    Thanks for the info. I will definitely be checking that out in detail. I'll let you know when I'm fully funded and ready to lose it! Happy New Year!

    By Blogger iamhoff, at 1/02/2006 3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home