Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

December 14, 2005

"Busting Out"... Again

I "busted out" of PokerStars again last night. I put "busted out" in quotes because I've never actually busted out. To bust out you have to lose money, and I've never lost money in poker (except for maybe in the homes games, but I think my wins have more than covered what I've lost). The way I do poker online is I will buy in for a certain amount. In October it was $75. I then play the game as solidly as I possibly can. I usually am able to double my money up in a fairly short time by doing this. I will then withdraw my initial investment and just have fun with the remaining money. I like to try experimenting with new betting styles, playing hands I wouldn't normally play, and testing my ability to read people by making calls I would probably not make if I actually cared about the money.

I have found this to be a good way to grow in the game without it costing me a fortune. I've learned a TON since I first started playing online in January, and I have most definitely improved my game. So today I will probably make another $75 deposit and attempt to slowly build that up over the course of a week or two. Hopefully I will be able to double it, and my operation of learning for free can continue. We'll just have to see how it goes. Everyone loses sometime, and so far I have been very lucky to lose when it's not my money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home