Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

November 12, 2005

$11+One Rebuy+One Addon

Well, when I got busted out of Wil's tournament, I decided to play in another one. 750 people entered this tournament with a prize pool totaling over $16,000. I started off very well early in the game, and made it to the first break without having to rebuy. I added on, and the play continued. I played in this tournament for almost four hours, slowly making my way up the field and into the prize pool. I ended up going out in 38th and winning $59 and change, which is about three times what I paid to go in. It's too bad that I didn't make it to the final table. I would have loved to have been up there competing for the big money. Maybe it will happen tomorrow. I plan on playing in another online tournament since my VT alumni tournament was cancelled. Maybe tomorrow I will make a final table!

2 Comments:

  • any memorable hands from this one? how'd you end up losing out?

    By Anonymous eric, at 11/14/2005 10:03 AM  

  • I shouldn't have even lasted as long as I did. I sucked out a few times toward the end with low chip stack. In my last hand I had A9, and the flop came up x59. The guy bet into me, and since I was short stacked I went all in with top pair and top kicker. He called with pocket fives. Turn came 9 giving me a set and him a full house, and I went out in 38th. I really don't think I could have played that any differently, given the situation I was in and the fact that he had only called the big blind before I raised it. I never would have been able to put him on 5s.

    By Blogger Matt Silverthorn, at 11/14/2005 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home