Poker Through the Eyes of an Amateur

October 26, 2005

Slow Week

It's been a slow week so far poker-wise. I've had some late days at work and some incidents to deal with, so I haven't had much time for it. I've played probably a total of an hour over the past couple of days, and just on the $1/$2 limit tables. I made about $40 in the process, which is alright, but I would much rather be playing in some tournaments. I jumped up to the $2/$4 limit tables briefly, but after not catching ONE playable hand in 12, I left. Very cold seat. I earned back the blinds I lost easily enough back at the $1/$2 level.

There won't be any poker today because of choir practice, and tomorrow is the Virginia Tech vs Boston College football game (go Hokies!), so there won't be any tomorrow either. Hopefully I'll have time to play in some tourneys this weekend. My wife is doing a walk for the American Heart Association on Saturday, so I'll probably be able to play while she's doing that. Until then...

2 Comments:

  • In which avenue do you find it more difficult to read the other players? Online or an in-person game? I've found it easier to read people online, I guess because there are only 2 factors to consider: how they bet and how fast they bet. Whereas in person, you have body language to contend with. What do you think?

    By Anonymous kim, at 10/26/2005 10:57 PM  

  • Personally, I think it's easier to read people in person, for the reason you mentioned above. Body language can give a lot away, and unless the person is pretty experienced, the way they act is probably genuine. Also, if they are like you, then they might not be able to read me as easily so it's easier to make a move on them.

    By Blogger Matt Silverthorn, at 10/27/2005 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home